Canadian Healthy Schools Alliance
The Canadian Healthy Schools Alliance (CHSA) is a collaboration of stakeholders spanning the interest of both health and education working together to advance healthy school communities across Canada.
Our shared vision: is for every school in Canada to be a healthy school community.
Our call to action: We believe that the physical and social environment in which young people spend a high proportion of every weekday has profound effects on their physical, emotional and mental health. We believe that by brokering and strengthening collaboration and partnerships we can strengthen school capacity as a healthy setting for growth and development.
Our collective impact: focuses on strengthening equitable collaboration and knowledge exchange to support leaders and decision-makers in creating the conditions for K-12 school communities to fully embrace wellbeing.
Our Stewardship Group: Physical and Health Education (PHE) Canada alongside the Canadian Association of School Administrators (CASSA), Canadian School Boards Association (CSBA), Dedicated Action for School Health (DASH) in British Columbia, Ever Active Schools in Alberta (EAS), and Ontario Physical and Health Education Association (Ophea) in Ontario and Dr. Kate Storey are the stewards of the Canadian Healthy Schools Alliance (the Alliance).
Our invitation: The Alliance invites all organizations and individuals who share the Alliance’s vision to join.
- attend 3 meetings and set priorities for action
- plan, develop and implement Alliance activities and initiatives
- provide endorsement of public documents as appropriate
- ensure continuity in representation and attendance in meetings
- communicate common messages by speaking on behalf of the collective
- participate on working groups
To find out more, contact an Alliance stewardship committee member
- Ken Bain - email@example.com
- Melanie Davis - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Torrance - email@example.com
- Chris Markham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faye Willick - email@example.com
- Nancy Pynch-Worthylake - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Storey - email@example.com
The Stewardship Team is comprised of six organizations. Click on each logo to learn more.
Events will be added as they become available